Thank you for abiding by the following regulations and for helping ensure that materials are preserved for future use.
- Ink, food and drinks are not allowed.
- Hand-held scanners ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Personal digital cameras and cell phones can be used for photographing unrestricted materials. Please be aware that when other researchers are in the reading room you must disable any flash mechanisms and any feature that produces a loud sound.
- Only those writing instruments, paper and notecards that are provided by the Kheel Center are allowed in the reading room.
- Do not mark, fold, or disarrange manuscripts.
- Items may be removed for copying purposes if their original location is flagged. Only a single box or folder per researcher should be in use in the reading room at any one time.
- Please notify staff if you discover damaged or disordered manuscripts!
- Respect others’ need for quiet. No talking, please.
- Please notify staff when finished with your research so materials may be removed from reading room.
- Kheel Center staff members must inspect anything carried out of the reading room.